2013-07-15

The final day

I'm sitting outside a café, enjoying the.sun and a delicious soft ice cream. I'm not sure if it's really so delicious or if I'm just projecting. It doesn't matter.

I've had a walk around Kirkenes centre and bought new clothes and shoes so I can throw away the old ones. The sweat and stink has seeped into the fabric by now. There's really no point trying to salvage them. Especially the shoes.

Earlier we met my mum and gran, uncle and aunt at the pier. We loaded the bikes into the back of the car and strapped them up for transport back south.

This has a strange sense of finality to it. I'm going to go back to the hotel to shave and change, and later this evening I'll have dinner with the others, but that's it. Tomorrow I fly back home.

I'm going to write one more post to share sum up some of the highs and lows from the trip, some which I haven't already written about. That'll be it, though.

So this is me, signing off for now. Perhaps Geir will trick me along on another of his mad ventures, but it won't be anytime soon. Thank you for reading. I've had fun cycling and writing.

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Thanks for sharing your trip. It's been fun following you even though we haven't been logged on every day.

Love, auntie & co.