2013-07-14

Aftermath

Even though the journey is done, we're still quite a way away from home, and our holiday isn't over until we're back home in Trondheim again.

After reporting our success the both of us fell onto our respective beds to watch some well-earned television. It just so happened Tour de France was on. It was refreshing to watch someone else bust their ass on a bike for a change.

After that we went for a joyride around Kirkenes. It's not a very big city so we started by cycling to the pier of "hurtigruten," a commercial ferry that runs continuously up and down the Norwegian coast. Tomorrow at 9:30 we'll be there to greet my mum as she disembarks.

The pier is also the end of the E9 highway that runs all the way from Rome to Kirkenes. It literally runs into the sea at the top of the world. So I thought, what better place to take my victory picture than at the end of the road?

After that we rode through Kirkenes centre and had burgers at the local petrol station. Kirkenes is a place of many wonders, such as a proper Volvo, though I'm not sure what to make of their Seamen's Club.

Tomorrow after my mum arrives I'm going to pamper myself. A new haircut is in order, my nails need cutting and my beard needs trimming. I'm also thinking of buying a new suit, just to get as far away as possible from the biking clothes I've been wearing these past two weeks.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has been reading this blog and following our progress. It's been reassuring knowing that someone has been keeping an eye on us.

No comments: