2013-07-12

Today

We've arrived in Inari after a pleasant ten mile cycle ride. It's been overall sunny but we've been tormented with intermittent downpour.

Through the national park we saw dozens of reindeer who all turned to flee at our approach. I can't blame them. If I saw Geir coming towards me on a bike I'd turn and run as well.

The countryside we cycled through was quite flat and alternated between expansive marshland and dense forest. Every once in a while, though, we'd climb over the top of a hill and be treated to a gorgeous view of the rolling landscape, seeming to stretch on endlessly in every direction. Then we'd plunge back into the thick forest again.

I wish I had pictures to show for it but with the rain I kept my camera safely buried away. I did take it out on one occasion, though. As always Geir's nose did not fail us. He sniffed out a patch of cloudberries close the road that served as our lunch snack.

No comments: