2013-07-13

Goodbye Finland, almost.

Yesterday we laid out two possibilities for today's leg. Either we cycle ten miles, sleep at a camping site, then cycle ten miles tomorrow, or we cycle all the way across the border and then save the last five miles for a nice, cosy Sunday ride to Kirkenes. When we started we thought we would go for the first plan, but after.cycling ten miles we realized we were in.such good form, and had such great weather, that it would be a shame to stop. So we ate and rested up and cycled another 4.7 miles.

I'm writing now from barely two km away from the Norwegian border. It's so close that I can almost spit across, if I could spit very very far.

We found a motel just as Geir was starting to have enough cycling for one day, got a hot meal and then hit the sauna. Geir is now running around like a madman trying to find signal for his mobile broadband thing so he can check his emails. I'm just lying in bed, happy that it's almost over.

Yesterday I had a beer to honour our possibly last day in Finland. My brother calls these bear cubs. The bear being Finland's national animal, I thought it only fitting that I had a bear beer. Seeing as it turned out today is our definite last day in Finland, I had another one. I'm a sucker for loopholes.

No comments: